Written by Les
Our previous blog gave an insight into why a business needs a digital marketing strategy. In today's blog, we briefly examine the components of a typical digital marketing strategy. How do we know? Well, like any business, Valles Digital Media had to develop our own digital marketing strategy to promote our brand, capability and services.
Prior to developing such a strategy, it is important for any business to understand the path being undertaken:
1. Define Goals and Objectives. Define what your strategy goals and objectives are. The strategy should outline the what, when and how. The outputs will help shape your business's digital marketing activities.
2. Target Market Analysis. Spend time analysing your external environment. Look at what your competitors are doing in the digital space. What channels are they using and how are they getting their messages out to their customers? How do they generate and maintain brand recognition and loyalty? How are they selling their products? Also examine your target market. Who are your target customers and what are they looking to buy?
3. Value Add. Once you have an idea of what the target market wants or needs are, think about how your business can add value to that market. Do you need to differentiate from your competitors? How would you differentiate?
4. Budget. Define a marketing budget. This not only defines a marketing spend limit but also allows a business to analyse return on investment on digital marketing activities.
5. Ownership. Assign a project sponsor within the business to own the effort. This ensures accountability and ownership of the entire digital marketing effort including reporting to senior management.
With the objectives and direction defined, the next step is to decide on the strategy implementation components. These can include use of the following digital marketing platforms:
8. Google Maps
9. Google Adwords or Bing Ads
10. YouTube videos
11. Email advertising
13. Affiliate advertising
The end outcomes of the digital marketing effort are:
1. Brand interaction with followers ( call to action)
2. Grow audience and followers
3. Customer loyalty and advocacy
4. Promote services, products and capability
5. Increase sales and improve revenue
Finally, it is important to continually monitor the performance of the implementation activities and fine tune as required to achieve desired targets.
Talk to us about how we can expand your business's digital marketing footprint to improve brand, service and product awareness. Get in touch with us now.